Are you frustrated by stubborn pockets of fat on the abdomen or other areas of the body but are hesitant to undergo body contouring surgery?
Dr. Leif O. Nordberg is excited to offer a non-invasive alternative in the form of CoolSculpting. The advanced treatment requires no incisions and no recovery time.
Learn why so many patients from Fairfield County and surrounding areas choose CoolSculpting at our Stamford, CT, practice...
Advancements in body sculpting science have led to a non-surgical treatment called CoolSculpting. This procedure uses advanced technology to freeze unwanted fat cells. The crystallized fat cells are eventually passed from the body, resulting in a slimmer, smoother figure.
Dr. Leif O. Nordberg can perform a CoolSculpting® treatment in about an hour at our Stamford office. There is no recovery time, and you can resume normal activities immediately after your treatment. If you're looking to eliminate stubborn fat deposits and increase your confidence in your appearance, contact our offices today.
How it Works
Dr. Nordberg administers CoolSculpting® via a handheld device attached to the CoolSculpting® console. The device suctions a targeted area, and cooling plates begin freezing fat cells below the skin. The fat cells crystallize while surrounding tissues remain unaffected. Eventually, the fat cells will be passed from the body, helping you achieve a lean body contour.
CoolSculpting® eliminates about 20 percent of fat cells in targeted areas. The remaining tissues within the targeted area reassemble to create a smoother contour. This is the first non-invasive body sculpting treatment available that freezes fat cells. Some laser and sonic wave treatments tighten the connective tissue between fat cells, or damage fat cells without removing them. But because CoolSculpting® permanently eliminates fat cells, results are long-lasting, and produce better-looking results than other non-surgical methods.
Patients may receive repeat treatments with CoolSculpting® on additional areas of their bodies, or on the same area if Dr. Nordberg determines that extra treatments will be safe and continue to yield favorable results.
Who is a Candidate?
CoolSculpting® appeals to many patients because it is fast and non-invasive. Candidates for this treatment include those who:
- Want a body sculpting treatment. CoolSculpting® is intended to re-shape the body, not cause a patient to lose a large amount of weight.
- Want results, but are wary of a surgical procedure involving incisions and anesthesia.
- Do not have time to recover following a plastic surgery procedure. While procedures like liposuction can take several weeks of recovery downtime, CoolSculpting® allows patients to continue with their days immediately after they leave our Stamford office.
- Want a relatively painless procedure. CoolSculpting® can cause mild soreness, bruising, and numbness that subsides within a few days. If a patient is experiencing more than a general discomfort, Dr. Nordberg can prescribe a mild pain medication.
- Have specific areas, or bulges, they want to target. CoolSculpting® works best on those stubborn areas that retain fat in spite of regular exercise and a healthy diet.
- Have retained fatty deposits in the midsection following pregnancy.
- Are not pregnant, breastfeeding, or suffering from a chronic pain or fatigue syndrome. Patients should inform Dr. Nordberg of any chronic conditions.
CoolSculpting® is approved by the Food and Drug Administration. It is a safe procedure with few risks or side effects. However, patients with a significant amount of extra weight or extra skin may want to consider a procedure like liposuction or a tummy tuck.