Following weight loss surgery or any significant reduction in your body size, many patients are left with excess, sagging skin. This can compromise your satisfaction in your improved appearance, make it difficult to find clothing that fits, and even lead to problems with skin irritation. Patients with these concerns can benefit from body contouring after massive weight loss at our Stamford plastic surgery practice. This procedure is designed to remove excess skin and tighten up underlying tissues to create smoother contours throughout the body. If you have lost a substantial amount of weight through surgery or other means and would like to explore which types of body contouring are right for you, please contact our office to make an appointment with Dr. Leif O. Nordberg.
Planning Your Procedure
Every surgical procedure is different and will combine different body contouring options to help you achieve your goals. When you come in for your initial consultation with Dr. Nordberg, he will perform an examination and make recommendations for which procedures will best address your concerns. Body contouring after massive weight loss often includes:
- Tummy Tuck - Tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, can create a flatter, more toned stomach. The procedure removes excess skin from the abdomen and can also tighten up separated abdominal muscles.
- Breast Lift - This breast surgery removes excess tissue for a lighter, more youthful bust.
- Brachioplasty - Arm lift surgery, or brachioplasty, can remove loose, hanging skin from the upper arms to create a toned, well-defined appearance.
- Thigh Lift - By correcting loose skin on the inner, outer, and middle areas of the thighs, a thigh lift can dramatically enhance the appearance of your legs.
- Butt Lift - After losing a large amount of weight, the skin on the buttocks can droop. This procedure will remove excess skin to improve the shape and contour of your rear.
Some patients will incorporate a facelift or neck lift procedure into their treatment to tighten up the skin around the face. Dr. Nordberg will help you determine which procedures will give you the most aesthetically pleasing results.
Choosing the Right Plastic Surgeon
The most important decision you will make regarding your body contouring procedure is the doctor that you choose to provide your care. Dr. Nordberg has an impeccable safety record and his patients consistently see optimal outcomes. He believes in treating his patients like family and uses conservative techniques to achieve natural-looking results. Dr. Norberg is experienced performing a comprehensive rang of body lift and contouring procedures in his private operating suite. By thoroughly educating his patients on their treatment options, he provides them with all the information needed to make informed decisions.
Schedule a Body Contouring Consultation
Unfortunately, a healthy diet and exercise are often not enough to help you fully meet your cosmetic goals. If you have lost a significant amount of weight and still have not achieved the smooth, toned appearance you would like to see, please contact our office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Nordberg today.